Toronto, ONTARIO – June 24, 2014
Think Research Corporation (formerly PatientOrderSets.com) a leading provider in cloud-based healthcare technology solutions, is pleased to announce the launch of a comprehensive suite of INTERACTTM 3.0 compatible order sets, developed in collaboration with INTERACTTM’s expert advisory group.
INTERACTTM (Interventions to Reduce Acute Care Transfers) is an internationally recognized quality improvement program that focuses on the management of acute change in a resident’s condition through clinical tools and educational resources for clinicians.
This marriage of tools will support clinicians at the point of care to ensure patients are treated according to the latest evidence, resulting in an increase in the quality of care provided and a reduction in avoidable hospital admissions.
“We’re pleased to be working with Think Research Corporation to help improve quality care in Long-Term and Post-Acute Care facilities,” said Dr. Joseph Ouslander, M.D., INTERACT™ project director, professor and senior associate dean for geriatric programs at the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University. “The work with my INTERACTTM team at Florida Atlantic University and Think Research Corporation, will help close a critical gap in healthcare delivery for Long-Term and Post-Acute Care (LTPAC) facilities.”
Think Research Corporation’s medical leadership received advice and recommendations on the Order Sets from an expert advisory board of recognized leaders in the Long Term Care and Post-Acute Care (LTPAC) from across North America on the development of these tools. The expert advisory group, coordinated by a team at Florida Atlantic University, included representatives from universities and leading healthcare organizations:
- Alice Bonner, GNP, Ph.D, Associate Professor, Northeastern University
- Irene Fleshner, RN, Independent Consultant
- Steve Handler, MD, Ph.D., University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- James Lett, MD, National Transitions of Care Coalition
- Andrea Moser, MD, Assistant Medical Director, Baycrest, President, OLTCP
- Dan Osterweil, MD, CMO, SCAN Health Plan, Clinical Professor, UCLA
- Joseph Ouslander, MD Professor, Florida Atlantic University
- Cheryl Phillips, MD, Vice President, Leading Age
- Steve Phillips, MD ATOP Medical Director, HealthInsight Nevada
- Marc Rothman, MD, CMO, Kindred Healthcare
- Jill Shutes, GNP, ARNP Research Associate, Florida Atlantic University
- Eric Tangalos, MD, Professor, Mayo Clinic School of Medicine
- Michael Yao, MD, CMO, Golden Living
- Barbara Zarowitz, PharmD, CCO and VP, Omnicare
The tools created through this expert panel process are tailored for use in Long Term and Post-Acute Care facilities and are deployable in paper or in digital format.
While these order sets complement the INTERACTTM program, they can also be used independently to support additional quality improvement initiatives.
Sachin Aggarwal, CEO of Think Research Corporation said, “INTERACTTM is the gold standard in quality care for seniors and reducing acute care transfers. We’re committed to better care for seniors across North America, and we’re very excited by this partnership with the INTERACTTM team at Florida Atlantic University”.
INTERACTTM (Interventions to Reduce Acute Care Transfers) is a quality improvement program that focuses on the management of acute change in resident condition. The INTERACTTM program includes clinical and educational tools and strategies for use in every day practice in long-term care facilities. The goal of the INTERACTTM program is to improve care and reduce the frequency of potentially preventable transfers to the acute hospital which result in unnecessary emergency department visits, inpatient hospital stays, and hospital readmissions, as well as related complications and health care costs. The INTERACTTM trademark and program content are the intellectual property of Florida Atlantic University. The INTERACTTM program is available at http://interact.fau.edu.