An Ontario Telemedicine Network initiative.
Reduce Wait Times
eVisit Primary Care eliminates all geographic barriers, reducing patient wait times and allowing primary care providers to see more patients who would otherwise be outside their reach.
See More Patients
Reduce avoidable in-person visits and costs, along with walk-in clinic utilization.
Giving patients more control over their health profile and communications will improve overall patient satisfaction and engagement.
eVisit Primary Care is an initiative that connects patients with their family physicians by way of secure messaging, audio and video, to address non-emergency health requests. With funding from the Government of Ontario, there is no cost to patients to benefit from this virtual option for enhanced access to care. The model is currently being led and tested by the Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN) in collaboration with the Waterloo Wellington Local Health Integration Network (LHIN), family physicians in the region, and the eHealth Centre of Excellence, facilitated by an innovative platform developed by Think Research. Both patients and providers are currently invited to participate in the initiative.
The eVisit Primary Care initiative allows patients to directly engage with healthcare providers via secure video from local health centres, home computers, or on-the-go via web or smartphone.
- Improve access to primary care by eliminating geographic barriers and reducing wait times
- Reduce avoidable in-person visits and associated costs, along with walk-in clinic utilization
- Increase patient engagement by giving patients more control of their health profile and communications
- Enhances interprofessional communication between primary care providers
- Integrates with clinical workflows and primary care EMRs
- Delivers analytics on eVisits to gain better insights into efficiencies, adoption and usage
- Enrolled physicians are remunerated for eVisits
- Improves provider and patient satisfaction
eVisits are designed to increase access to care. Whether you’re living in rural Ontario or in a major city, your healthcare needs can be met virtually – either in a local health centre or from home.
The VirtualCare platform is currently being rolled out across the Waterloo Wellington region of Ontario, in partnership with OTN, the Waterloo Wellington Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) and the eHealth Centre of Excellence.
If you’re interested in being a part of this program or would like to learn more, please contact us.