Through support from the MOHLTC, the Ontario Long-Term Care Association and AdvantAge Ontario, we are pleased to provide you with access to the Clinical Support Tools in PointClickCare and MED e-care. The goal of the Clinical Support Tools program is to provide homes with tools to help drive standardization, quality improvement initiatives, access to data and ultimately, ensure appropriate care is put in place to reduce avoidable hospitalizations.
Brings leading practices directly to clinicians at the point-of-care.
Reduces Administrative Burden
Reduces administrative burden and releases time to care.
Improves communication and clinical documentation to close communication gaps and best inform decision making for resident care.
Supports Care Planning
Supports effective care planning that drives individualized actions based on assessment findings.
A key priority of the Ontario government is reducing hallway healthcare. Long-term care homes will be integral in helping to accomplish this, by reducing avoidable hospitalizations and emergency department visits. To support this objective, the Think Research™ Clinical Support Tools (CSTs) have been included in the Ministry of Long-Term Care’s (MOLTC) programming plan.
The Clinical Support Tools available:
- Behavioural and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia
- Palliative and End-of-Life
- Continence, Constipation and Urinary Tract Infection
- Wound Assessment
- Stable COPD
- Brings leading practices directly to clinicians at the point-of-care
- Reduces administrative burden and releases time to care
- Streamlines interprofessional communications and facilitates transitions in care
- Supports effective care planning that drives individualized actions based on assessment findings
- Builds capacity in nurses through embedded leading practices and decision support
- Simplifies the use of progress notes to guide clinicians to pertinent resident details
- Enables resource forecasting for high-risk residents
“The Behavioural and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia Clinical Support Tool (CST) has provided us with a thorough critical assessment leading to better analysis for identifying contributing factors for behaviours. With the rollout of the CST, it brought the opportunity for further education of supporting validated assessment tools such as the CAM, MOCA, and MMSE.”
– Shelley Vansevenant, Interim Director of RAI, Rehab and Quality Improvement, Steeves & Rozema Group